These pictures are of the cadavers that I operated on last week. (see below) It is really weird to just have an arm or an ankle lying detached from a body on a table right in front of you. Enjoy!
Last week I went Las Vegas for a work meeting. I figured that since it is Halloween I could post the pictures. They are from my cell phone so sorry if they are not very clear.
This meeting was an awesome opportunity for me to be able to learn more about some of the medical products that I sell. This meeting was a cadaver and surgeon meeting. I was able to speak with and learn from some world class hand and foot and ankle orthopedic surgeons. It is so nice to be able to talk to the doctors and find out what they like and dislike about our products.
Both days I was able to operate on cadavers. One day we trained the hand and shoulder, the next day we trained on the foot and ankle. It was pretty neat to be able to dissect and drill, and saw on the specimens. Once I dissected down through all of the soft tissue on the cadavers I got to saw and hammer to break the bones. Then I was able to drill and put plates and screws on the fractured bones to fix them and experience what the doctors experience when they use my products.
I don't know of another career where you get to pretend to be a surgeon. No medical school or huge student loans to pay of either! I really love my job! This experience will really help me to know what my doctors are struggling with when they are doing a particular procedure.
Happy Halloween!
.jpg)
.jpg)
-Chris
6 comments:
oh my gosh so cool! can't believe you got to saw the bone and all that good stuff! All i can do is basically look!
oh my gosh so cool! can't believe you got to saw the bone and all that good stuff! All i can do is basically look!
looks like chicken. ;)
Are you kidding me right now...I am pretty much going to vomit...seriously...I can't even say the word bone, blood, or vain without getting faint. Sick Christopher...sick!
Oh. My Gosh. Hi Chris, it's been a while since i've checked out your blog so I suddelny thought, "I"ll go ahead and check out to see how the Mowers are doing", that was the biggest mistake ever!! Haha, jk. That's pretty cool, I could NEVER do it but props to u for stomaching it.
I think this kind of stuff is so cool! What an awesome experience to have..
Post a Comment