Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Update
I took Blake back into the doctors today and he is doing much better. His oxygen levels were up and he wasn't as tight in his wheezing. They gave him another steroid shot, because when I tried to give him the medicine orally he threw it right up. Dr. Jackson is really concerned about Blake. She is putting him on a preventive medicine hoping that will help us through the winter. She said that without it, we would probably be in the hospital some time. Bronchospasm is what they call it, and Blake will most likely get it anytime he gets a little cold. (Bronchospasm causes wheezing, coughing and shortness of breath...fyi) I hope this medicine works and keeps us out of the hospital!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We went through a similar situation with Lily that lasted about two years. They called hers reactive airways disorder (RAD). It sounds like it is basically the same thing, we would have to take her in all the time for breathing treatments because her oxygen levels were very low. She would wheeze and have the worst coughing fits that would bring me to tears. She had to be on steroids which was not my favorite (she seriously had roid rage) but the good news is she has mostly grown out of it and the medicine's did help. I really hope the medicine's work for Blake and he grows out of it soon! Did she say that she thinks he will?
Oh wow I can only imagine how horrible that was. She didn't say if he would grow out of it or not. He is on some medicine that they use for asthma patients, so I guess we'll see.
I am glad that he is getting better. I was really worried. I tried calling yesterday but both your phones went to voicemail. Are you going to be able to do something this weekend for my b-day...Give the boys kisses for me...and tell Blake that he can't get sick anymore!
Post a Comment