Sunday, October 5, 2008

Day at the Zoo

Blake on the train eating his Mini Wheats
Blake and Dad waiting for the Train
Blake and Dad on the Carousel (Blake not enthused)

Blake with the Porcupines
Blake with the Meercat

Blake with the "Kids" looking at the Giraffes

A week ago I took Blake up to the Zoo. I had been working a ton so I thought it would be a good opportunity to spend some time with Blake. We had a great time. We started out our trip by stopping by the Holiday Oil to get some snacks and to get Blake and Dad some drinks. Blake was looking through the glass cooler door for some "juice" as he calls it and he decided on a Monster Energy drink! It must be designed and advertised to addict kids. Anyway, I didn't think that would be the best choice for Blake on this trip. I was able to negotiate with him and he settled on a compromise of a pink Poweraid and a king size M&M's. I think I made a good deal? Once we picked out our stuff I let Blake pay the guy for our stuff and we were off.
Once we got to the zoo Blake was itching to go. So he started out running to see the animals. I took the stroller to carry all of our crap and because I knew the point would come that he would crash.
I love spending time with Blake. It is always and adventure. It is funny to just let him explore things the way he wants. Sometimes I can be too controlling with him. On this trip I decided that
I would let him go wherever he wanted I would just follow.
Blake seems to really like the giraffes. We must have stayed in that building for a good 45 min. Blake loves to go up to the top floor and stand on the ledge and yell HI to the Giraffes. On this occasion. Blake would find a group of kids and go be there friend, then they would leave and he would go greet the next group of luck kids who got to be his friends next. I just sat on the little bench and laughed at how much he enjoyed paling around with all the different kids, older kids, babies, little girls, little boys, it doesn't matter. I think there is a lesson in there somewhere.
We rode the train and the carousel and then called it a day so we could get home to hang out with Tyler while Mom went to Women's conference.
We had a great day and I can't wait until Tyler is old enough to come along with us. I love my Boys they are the best.

1 comment:

Jenny and Jared said...

I bet you would have had an exciting day at the zoo had you let him drink that monster!! Your a good dad- thats fun that you get to spend some one on one time.