8:30 call doctor. Learned that they would only see Blake today, not Tyler because they were so busy. I was a little bugged, but Ty has his 6 month appt tomorrow so I didn't complain. I had to be out the door by 8:50 to make on time for our 9:20 appt.
8:40 I'm ready, getting Blake ready. Have to wake Tyler up and get him ready and throw a bag together. 9:05 finally pull out of the drive way.
9:30-11:00 doctor's office. Blake was give 4 treatments plus a shot of steroids to help his wheezing. They checked his oxygen levels several times and he was border line so they told me to come back in an hour and check them again. If his levels weren't better he would need to go to Primary Children's.
11:00- 12:00 Finding someone to take Tyler. Thanks Tracy! Chris and I feel so blessed to have family around to help us out! Drive back to Herriman drop Ty off, and make a stop at home to grab Blake his blanket and coloring.
12:00-5:00 We went back to check Blake's oxygen levels and they were the same. That meant a trip up to Primary's. We get checked in and Blake was hooked back up to check his levels. Good thing they had a Dora movie, because I don't know what we would have done without it! They monitored Blake for a few hours gave him a treatment and decided he was okay to come home. The treatment helped and the steroid was kicking in. His oxygen levels went up for about an hour, but then they were back down. The doctor seemed confident though, that as long as we gave Blake the treatments at home, religiously, along with another dose of steroids he would be fine in a couple of days. I was so happy to hear that he didn't have to stay over night. We left the hospital, picked Tyler up, and decided it was a pizza night. Blake and I were both pretty hungry after not eating all day. Blake ate 5 slices of pizza! More than his Dad...a new record!
It was quite the day to say the least! Blake was such a trooper all day. I couldn't believe how happy and cooperative he was with the doctors. The only part he had a hard time with was the last treatment, and that was because they made him wear the mask. It was nice that I was able to focus my attention on Blake today. Chris was even able to come meet us at Primary's which was really nice for me and for Blake. We are so grateful for all those that helped us today!
Had to snap a picture to capture our day...it was the worst part of our day unfortunately
6 comments:
Oh I am so sorry! We had to do the mask on Sadie last year and it was a pure screaming fest! I am glad that everything came back up and he didn't have to stay the night. I hope that everyone gets feeling better and no one gets put in the hospital. Good luck with everything!
I can't belive blake ate so much pizza! that kid never eats! Glad he's okay hope things get better from here!
Did he really keep that thing on his face? we could never get curtis to wear it! And I can't believe he ate 5 slices of pizza! wow, I have never even seen him eat 1. Last night after I had heard what you went through I thought, she should have called me to take tyler! I'm happy to hear tracy could take him for you! Tell her thanks for me too!
It's nice that I never hear any news until it's blogged. You and Jess must have a secret relationship I never knew about. Best friends huh?! I guess Staci and I will have to form our own secret sister best friend thing. :) ha.
Glad Blake got taken care of and that he felt well enough to eat so much...i still don't believe it. You should've taken pictures of that! ;) Hopefully you're getting some rest today. Love you guys.
ugh! Cold season is the worst!!! I am so sorry, but glad to hear he is doing well!
I'm sorry! That sucks...I didn't know he was having such difficulties, and I rarely look at blogs. Did I tell you we recently found out Lucy has asthma? So she too has the same mask! She pretty much refuses to use it, so we have to hold her down. I hope you guys continue to have better luck. Poor Blake...
Post a Comment