Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Barn Yard Boo

Last Saturday Chris and I took the kids to Thanksgiving Point's Barn Yard Boo. It was aimed toward young kids and was a lot of fun. They had pony rides, face painting, boo bowling, grave digging, frosting cookies, ring toss, hayrides, etc. I knew going to this that Blake would probably have no interest in any of it, and I was pretty much right. He liked the cookie...once I scraped all the frosting off, and he loved the little play house which we spent a good chunk of time in, but I think most of all he LOVED feeding the goats! It shocked Chris and I. We got kernels of corn and just sat and fed all the goats. I loved watching Blake do this. He wasn't scared at all by the goats and their tongues touching him. After a while of doing this Blake decided that he wanted the corn too. I about died when he put one in his mouth. One, because he was actually trying to eat something new (too bad it wasn't cooked), and Two, because, eww! gross! He had goat slobber all over his hands and he just stuck his hands in his mouth!
Tyler was excellent too. Not too many pictures of him, but that's because they all looked the same....just sittin' and smiling in the stroller.

I am so glad that we got out and did this since they have both been sick all week. I've been going crazy at home and have been sad since there have been so many fun things to do this week. I guess there is always next year, and the important thing is that my kids are getting better...I hope :)

3 comments:

HBC said...

Fun! You know Blake really liked feeding the horses treats at my house too. It surprises me how brave he is compared to Sara and Zack when he's around the horses.
Blakes just getting to be more and more fun. ;) And Tyler is just the cutest kid ever!

The Pitt Family said...

How fun Alli! I have been to Barn Yard Boo and I think it is a way fun place. I can't believe Blake was that fearless...so cute!

summer c said...

Sad! I just read all that about blake! Doesn't just break your heart when your kids are sick?! And the mask is totally the worst...especially for that age! It makes you feel a little helpless that you have to take them in and depend on everyone else for help. But it looks like all is going well! Hang in there!