Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Ty at 6 months


Here's the stats:
Weight 15lbs 9oz 10%
Length 26.8" 52%
Head 17.3" 45%

Tyler has started solids and loves them! He is crawling backwards and works really hard to go forward but hasn't quite mastered that yet. He is almost sitting; he still has a few tumbles here and there. No teeth yet...although I feel like they should be here by now! I hate teething. Tyler loves playing with toys, loves his jumper, loves watching Blake/kids, and he loves being outside.

I found out that Tyler has thrush...still. He has been on the medication twice already, I hope third time is the charm. I'm not sure how he gets it. Forgot to ask the doctor on that one. I thought the only way to get thrush was through nursing, and I'm not doing that. Hmm...anyone know?
Dr. Jackson was a little concerned about Tyler's weight. She's having me feed him more solids and mixing formula in with some of them. Tyler's never been a big eater, and he throws up a lot, so I have to pack in the calories and nutrients in what little he eats. We'll go back in 4 weeks to see if he's grown and go from there. Other than that, Tyler is healthy which is the best news.

3 comments:

The Pitt Family said...

I used to get it to...I have read that it is caused by several things...birth control, smoking, germs in general, stress is a big risk factor, drinking from dirty dishes...basically it is just an oral bacteria...poor guy...I hate thrush!

PS....can you e-mail me you chicken teriyaki recipe please...I wanna make it for Ryan cuz he loved it!

The Pitt Family said...

Also...it happens in babies a lot because there immune system is still week and not strong enough...adults with weak immune systems get it a lot. Babies can't get it from nursing...but if they have it and are nursing there is a chance they will pass it on to the mom.

Staci said...

He is so freakin cute!! Your kids have never eaten very well so i'm not surprised Ty needs to gain weight.