Something I learned from Conference this past weekend was to really enjoy the moments in my day. My kids have been trying, especially last week, but I've realized they won't always be this young and this time will pass way to quickly.
Last night I enjoyed a couple of moments that I loved.
I got to rock Tyler to sleep. Tyler gets so fussy and unhappy at night. 6:30 is when it starts every night. We were out about yesterday so he didn't nap very well which resulted in a even more cranky night. Tyler was crying and Blake went to 'soothe' him when he picked him up and dropped him. The poor thing was so tired and hurt. I wrapped him in a soft blanket and rocked him slowly to sleep. I loved that moment.
Later, Blake and I had our first pillow fight. He loved it and was giggling so hard. Dad wasn't too enthused because he was trying to put Blake to bed and I wasn't making it any easier. Chris humored us for a second (with a smile), and then it was time for bed. Dad was ready to relax, and I was too. I loved that moment too.
Another moment last night...I washed my phone. Chris and I had a good laugh. I had just put a load into the dryer and heard a banging noise. I told Chris to go get the downy ball out of the dryer, I must have put it in there by mistake. Turns out the downy ball was my phone.
Before we went to bed Chris told me that his phone was getting a little dirty and asked if I could wash it for him. What a little smart ___. It was funny though. It's a good thing we have an extra phone or I probably wouldn't have laughed at that moment. Side note...I lost all my numbers, so call me or text me your numbers so I will have them again!
Those were the moments I loved yesterday. I hope I can remember to enjoy my moments every day!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I loved your post, it will make me think differently about today, and enjoy my kids more.
Hi guys...
I love posts like these... the day to day moments that are so easy to forget, but if we are lucky, these are the memories that will fill our lives... you are right though, they go by so fast. Keep blogging them, you will be so happy you did. We love you! Brenda
I'm also thankful for posts like these it makes me feel more a part of your life, I hate having you so far away. I guess I should count my blessings it could be a lot worse. Give everyone a kiss for me.
Post a Comment