Monday, June 23, 2008

Our Weekend

*warning: really long post*
On a lighter note (from my last post) we really did have a great weekend. After shaving Blake's head, Chris and I went out to dinner. We went to Chef Tom's...one of Chris's favorites...at least he thought. He said he remembered it to better than it was. It was still nice though. Chris and I haven't been out on a date in a long time. After dinner we went grocery shopping. Yep, what a fun date huh?! :) It was fun though, and only fun because we're married with kids. It was such a treat to not have kids while grocery shopping! Chris and I just hadn't talked like that in a long time, so anything we would've done would have been fun.
Yesterday was so much with our boys too. Chris got called into work, so he was gone for part of the day. While he was gone Blake and I got to play a lot. Tyler was excellent too, so that's always nice! First Blake and I made cookies. It was the first time he has taken interest in something like that. He was a good helper and turned the mixer on and off when I needed him too. (and when I didn't need him to :) ).


We made a Froot Loop necklace next. We made these in nursery, so I thought it would be fun for Blake to do it too.

We got 4 on the string before Blake realized he could eat them.
and there was no stopping him.

When Chris got home, Blake fed him a cookie and made a mess. We told Blake to wash daddy's face off.


After we played the game where we throw all the pillows on Blake and he throws them off. He loves playing that!


Blake singing us a song.
Okay, not really but it's looks like it! :)

After all our games and activities Chris said he was ready for a nap, so I told him to go take one. Then I sent Blake up to go take a nap with him :)
I gladly took Tyler and we went and watched the end of the Boston game. Go Red Sox's! Tyler was an angel for me.

A perfect ending to our great weekend!

3 comments:

Staci said...

man alli your a good mom! you always do fun stuff with your kids! i don't think i'll be that way, but i hope!

The Pitt Family said...

I love the pics of Tyler and Blake....Tyler is getting so big! Blake looks so happy in all of his pictures....you are such a great mommy...you will have to teach me how to do this when I finally get to be one!

Love ya!

Jessica said...

Sounds like one happy family to me! also, it makes me want to go out to dinner and to the grocery store with Matt! Sometimes it doesn't matter what you do with your husband just as long as you do something!