Okay, so I have to say I'm quite impressed with myself. The bread was so good! I know Chris already blogged about this but I had to put my 2 cents in. I was reading on this blog about how easy this bread is to make and that anyone could make it, so I put it to the test, and apparently anyone can make it! It was so nice to have fresh, warm bread to eat with honey. Apparently though my body doesn't like honey anymore. How can my body suddenly decide it doesn't like certain foods? This first happened with corn a couple years back. I can't eat corn without getting an upset stomach. Well at the beginning of this year my body decided it didn't like honey either. I keep thinking its a fluke, so yesterday I put honey on my nice warm bread, and sure enough I was so sick last night. It makes me quite sad because I love honey!
Anyway, the recipe for the bread is on this blog. Jess, it's actually a recipe for wheat bread, but it also works for white. I even forgot to knead this bread like it tells you to, and it still worked!
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks I'm so excited to try it!
YEAH!! I am excited that you made bread and that it turned out! I love homemade bread. I need to make some but we are leaving town so I will wait until we get back- I want to try this recipe though. I love my mom's whole wheat, but I want to try this for the white. I know about the honey upsetting your stomach though. I have several foods that will do that. I know that after you have kids they say you get more prone to things because your insides have been sensitive and pushed. Sometimes it goes away after your body normalizes from having the body but sometimes the sensitivity stays, lets hope you get your honey one back. I haven't been able to eat lettuce well for years. I have to pick and choose when I want to eat it and be sick or not- I can NEVER eat lettuce out at restaurants ever. Always makes me sick. Corn is a tough one for lots of people. Christiansen's and corn I don't think mix well either. I CAN'T eat grease, I'm sure you remember that. I have to be so careful on anything deep fat fried or I will be super sick. Even the smell can immediately send me to the bathroom. Weird huh. Same for my mom-in fact she had her gal bladder taken out because it got so bad for her. And then the dairy is hard too, and I have to be real careful how much I eat on dairy or I cramp and get sick. I think that our bodies are just tempermental too sometimes. Anyway-this is WAY longer than you probably want to read! PS Blakes hair is way cute buzzed! I think it is so fun to let him just be a kid and not worry about the words- we all know that life gets hard, but it shouldn't have to be as a kid. Good mom ALLI!!! LATER
Post a Comment