I have been a little hesitate to write this post just because I don't want to jinx myself! But, I'm very happy to say that Blake is now sleeping through the night!! Monday night is when it all started. After trying for about 15 minutes to get Blake asleep (and already being up with Tyler) I decided it was time to get a back bone! I told Blake that I expected him to go to sleep and that I was going to bed, and then just shut his door. He cried for 5 minutes and then got back in bed and slept! Only 5 minutes! It was so great! The next night he got up again and cried at the door for 5 minutes and then got back in bed and slept. Wednesday night he didn't get up at all AND he slept until 10:30 the next morning! And last night was a success too. We didn't see his sweet face until 9:00 this morning. Tyler is even helping us out too! Last night he slept 8 hours straight! I'm trying not to get my hopes up just yet, but things seem to be looking up for us! Thanks to everyone for all the advice. It is such a blessing to get some good sleep! I'm so thankful!
I finally got Blake to hold Tyler and pose for a picture....maybe its the result of getting so sleep! We have all been happier this week! Tyler has started coo-ing and is on the verge of smiling, Blake has been so cute and has been testing us more and more...he's definitely 2! But we have been able to handle it much better now that we are getting more sleep. What a difference sleep makes!
5 comments:
YAHOO for sleep! I am so happy that Blake is sleeping better. Good for you for putting your foot down. Sounds like something the SuperNanny would say :) just kidding! I can't imagine the difference it makes for you to get good sleep with two little boys. I'm so happy that you've been able to catch some zzzz's!
Finally!! They are both so cute and i swear they get cuter everytime i see them!
Yeah!! Sleep is quite a precious commodity. I think every single one of mine and Lamon's "heated discussions" has boiled down to sleep in some way or another! :)
Your boys are so cute. Hey maybe I will run into you sometime in a restaurant or something! Ha Ha
everytime I look at that first picture it makes me laugh! Tyler in what looks like a cut off shirt with a white shirt underneath. :) You have the cutest boys!
Post a Comment