lux·u·ry [luhk-shuh-ree, luhg-zhuh-]
1. conducive to sumptuous living, usually a delicacy, elegance, or refinement of living rather than a necessity
2. free or habitual indulgence in or enjoyment of comforts and pleasures
3. a means of ministering to such indulgence or enjoyment
4. a pleasure out of the ordinary allowed to oneself
I finally learned something after being a mother of two years: sleeping is a luxury. not a necessity.
Who knew? At least that's how it is in my household. I can't remember the last time I got to go to bed and wake up when I wanted. I guess that's just one of the sacrifices of being a mom....
....Or is it? Maybe I'm just blessed...cursed...(I don't know which) with a kid that just want to be with me 24/7....am I really that fun to be around....
....If sleep is a luxury then I would like that luxury a little more often! or at least a little longer each night.
**Disclaimer: I knew that being a mom would require me to make sacrifices and I'm glad to make them. I guess I'm just asking for more than my average of 4-5 hours of sleep at night. I'm convinced that more sleep would help me be a better mom and not a grouch!
I'm waiting for a call back from the doctor. I talk to Dr. Jackson last week about Blake's sleeping habits. She was concerned and reassured me that it was not normal for Blake to sleep so little. She had me try a couple of things. #1 Give him benedryl. She up-ed the dosage and said that should help. So on night 1 he slept great. As for the next two nights it didn't work. #2 Give him melatonin. She told me to give him 3-6 mg I gave him 10 mg and that didn't work at all! I tried both options out for 3 days each. Dr. Jackson told me that if none of those worked to call and we could try out a prescribed sleep aid. So that's where we are right now. I hope that Dr. Jackson will give me some insight on how to fix Blake's sleep issues. As for Tyler, he sleeps great (knock on wood). Right now he sleeps 6 hours straight through the night...I hope he continues to be a good sleeper. Stay tuned....
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm sorry blakes not sleeping so good! if ya want i can come up and you can take a nap during the day and i'll take care of blake and tyler. I have work the rest of this week so it would have to be sometime next week but i'd be happy to come up and help out.
Thanks Stac! One of these days when you are bored feel free to come up! :)
I love this blog!! and yet it makes me so sad, I am so sorry!! I would be the worst mom in the world if I only had that much sleep, I think you're pretty amazing being a mom of 2 with no sleep!
Post a Comment