Finally. I find myself saying that almost every night now. Finally, Tyler stop fussing; Finally, Blake fell asleep; Finally, I get a break from bouncing on the exercise ball; Finally, I don't have to change my clothes after being thrown up on (happened 3 times yesterday...almost 4. Blake missed me); Finally, I can lay down (which I've wanted to do all day!); Finally, I get to talk to my husband and enjoy my night! Finally, it's quiet.
Finally never lasts too long though. Chris came home from his softball game last night at about 10:50 and we enjoyed talking to each other for about 15 minutes and then our "finally" moment was gone. Blake was up and so was Tyler. Sigh.
I am grateful for a few things though that get me through my day.
One being my exercise ball. I think I was bouncing on that thing with Tyler for a good 3 hours yesterday. It's the only thing that will calm him when he is in one of his fussy fits. Needless to say my back was killing me by the end of the day.
Second, the bouncer. Tyler loves the bouncer and has even slept in it a couple of nights. I've learned that putting Tyler in the bouncer up on my counter by the radio will keep him happy on a good day. He really likes his country music!
Third, the pacifier. not much needs to be said here.
Fourth, my diet Pepsi. It's my piece of heaven during all the chaos.
Fifth, my husband. Knowing that Chris will be home that night to help is the biggest thing that gets me through my day! I don't know how I would do this without him!
and FINALLY hope gets me through my day. I always hope that this night will be the night that Blake sleeps through the night so I'll have more energy to do it all over the next day. (Still waiting for that one to happen!)
Finally. A word I look forward to saying every night! Too bad I can't say The End!
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I wish I could make it easier for you. . .hang in there is does get easier and then they turn into teenagers and you lose your sleep waiting for them to come home at night. FINALLY, we are getting sleep. . . when I'm not being awakened by menopause. See all that you have to look forward to. That's life you know I will take the kids anytime.
I don't know if this brings you any comfort but, I have been there and sometimes still am!! I think you are incredibly calm and more patient than I am in many situations! I loose it so many times during the day, it's crazy!! I always have lots of repenting to do! Too bad we don't live closer, I think we could make each others lives better!!
Oh my gosh!!!! LOL .... you aren't going to believe this, but our kids have the same names. Ha ha ha ... I totally didn't plan or realize that. My brother named our newest member and his name is "Blake". How funny!!!
I feel so bad that things are pretty hectic right now for you; I thought about you all night and decided to get back on and respond. It's so hard when you have to go through that. When Tyler was little, he cried for 3 months straight (and so did I). At that point, we finally got an anti-acid from the doctor (Zantac) and it changed life at home. He finally started sleeping and he didn't scream constantly. After a few months, we put him on a formula called NURTRAMIGEN and we were able to stop the medicine and he was the best boy in the world. Eventually, he was able to go to normal formula and he switched to normal milk at 1 year. I don't know if your baby might benefit from the medicine or the formula, but I thought I'd let you know what made the difference for me. The doctor told me Tyler had Reflux and then that he was allergic to the protein in my milk and all the formula's except that one. I just know it was so hard and I thought I'd share that ... just in case it could help. Hang in there.
Oh - also (sorry this is so long), we found a noise maker at Walmart that Tyler still uses. You can choose what you want it to sound like (water, stream, rain, heart-beat, birds, static, etc.) and we play it all night while he is sleeping. Tyler never slept through the night all the way through until we got that. Now, he just knows that it's time to sleep when it's on. I think it's really helped Blake too. He's done pretty good at night so far. You can find it by the pharmacy - it's made by Conair.
Post a Comment