Blake was definitely a fan of the zoo as long as he was able to run where he wanted to, and as long as I didn't talk to him. Blake was a Daddy's boy that day and got mad at me when I tried to talk to him. Tyler was really good for us and slept most of the day. You'll notice in a lot of the pictures our struggle to get Blake to take a picture. He didn't want to stop for anything. 


Luke was so cute at the zoo. He saw some older boys posing for this picture and once they were done, he went over to pose and get his picture taken. And then there was Blake....he really wanted his picture taken too, can't you tell??

Not a great picture of the both of us...but I never get a picture of just Blake and me because I'm usually the one taking the pictures!
After a few hours we decided to let the boys play at the playground. Dan and Chris took Blake and Luke around and played with them while Laura and I talked and people watched (what's better than that?!) As we were talking we noticed a lot of teenagers on dates playing at the playground. It was funny to watch them all stop (without fail) and take pictures at the dinosaur egg (pictured below). Each one would struggle to get in and out of the egg awkwardly giggling all the while. Oh the things you do when you are dating! Laura commented on how Dan would never get in that egg now that they are married and take a picture. I quickly agreed that Chris wouldn't either. But then I thought, yeah, Chris would probably do that if I asked him to. Laura was shocked and said that Dan wouldn't for sure. So we put it to the test. Laura asked Dan and surprisingly agreed to do...without hesitation! And what a cute picture...glad we asked.

I asked Chris and he said he would too, however we all know Blake and he is not one to be patient enough for Chris to get in position, but at least we captured this picture before he could escape!
What a cute picture right? I'm glad Laura snapped this one so quick!
To end our day at the zoo we rode the choo-choo which was the highlight of the day!
(Can you see the train conductor in the overalls? He looked just like Chris Farley!)
It was a fun day at the Zoo. It wasn't exhausting at all, and its nice to have a pass because we didn't feel like we HAD to see every animal. It will be fun to go back during the year and see all the animals we missed.
4 comments:
I'm not surprised blake wouldn't wait for you to take a picture but you guys both look good in the pictures and i even think you got a couple good ones of blake! :)
I love your blog! You are such a good writer! Your family is so stinkin cute. It looks like you guys have so much fun! Well, except for at night I guess. That's got to be hard. Drew is four, and he still gets up during the night sometimes. Our boys were both awful before Ada came, and I was scared to death to put them in the same room, I thought it would be even more terrible. But they have both been sleeping great since we moved them together. Maybe they needed each other! :)
That picture of Chris trying to get Blake to stand still for the picture is hilarious! Kalie is the exact same way!
I'm glad to see your pictures! It makes me want to take our kids there.
Post a Comment