Well, I started potty training today; and not so much because I wanted to. In fact just yesterday I was talking to Tracy and told her I was going to wait a bit. I did buy little underwear and potty's because Blake started showing an interest. So yesterday I had the potty's out and he went in one of them! I was so shocked. I decided it was time; I was just going to do it. I made a late night run to Walmart to stock up on all his sugary favorites...cookies and rootbeer. Yes, I let him drink soda...what horrible Mom I am! Anyway, this morning we had the 'big boy' talk and threw away all the diapers. I pulled out all the blankets to cover my carpet and let him go naked all day. I put a little potty out by the TV, where we sat all day, and just concentrated on going potty.
I was nervous to start potty training because Blake has his own way of doing things. I cannot bribe him with anything! He could care less about getting a new toy or a treat. So today I just let him do his thing. It was amazing. I didn't have to tell him to go sit on the potty he just did. We only had two accidents today. One while he was eating lunch, and the other time because I had put underwear on him. I was worried about the whole #2 issue. Blake does not like to be looked at or around anyone when he is doing his 'thing'. Can't say I blame him. This afternoon though, he kept trying to hide from me. I knew he had to go. Finally I got him to sit on his potty and I left the room. Much to my surprise he went! By the end of the day he was even taking his potty to the big potty and dumping it. I am so proud of him today! I'm a little nervous about tonight though. I don't believe in pull-ups. Just because I feel like that is just another diaper and I'm trying to get away from diapers. Who knows though, if I'm up a few nights in a row changing sheets I might change my mind! We went and bought a nice little mat for the mattress and are just trying the whole no-diaper thing. I'm anticipating changing sheets tonight, but it's worth it.
I'm hoping tomorrow is just as successful. Tomorrow he'll have to wear underpants at least. He has school on Friday, so that will be a little hurdle to jump. Wish me luck!
Sorry to all those that could care-less about my potty training day, but I am just so proud of Blake!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
good luck!
I am so proud of him! What a big boy. I am sure there will be some stressful and not so fun moments but I must say...his willingness to do it is a great sign. Your a great mommy!
Gosh ... me and Mary were just talking about this yesterday. I am SO not looking forward to it with Tyler. I bought a potty awhile ago, but he wont go. He's so long, he's outgrowing the last set of diapers ... so I really need to start. Keep us updated!
That's awesome!! When there ready there ready! Good luck with the rest of the week!!
Hey Chris (and wifey), found your blog through Mandi's and just wanted to say hi :) Glad to see you are doing well, best wishes.
~Brooke Petersen Reber
Post a Comment