Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Burn

Yesterday was yet another eventful day. Blake had an evaluation to see if he qualified for a preschool class, so we were getting ready early. (Early being about 9..sad huh?) I was putting my make-up on, Tyler was crawling at my feet and Blake was driving his car on our bathroom counter. Next thing I knew my straightener fell to the floor and Blake was screaming in pain. Blake got burned, and I could tell just by looking at it, that it wasn't just a small little burn. I hurried and moved my straightener thankful it didn't fall on Tyler, and rushed Blake's hand under cold water. I will spare the details since it was traumatic for me. Probably the most traumatic thing I've dealt with as a Mom. I don't like burns, and I hate the blisters that come with it. Chris luckily escaped from work and took Blake to the doctors for me.
Blake actually quite liked his bandage. It had to come off though because he got it wet. The blister is huge and intact still. When the blister breaks we will have to re-bandage it and clean well. I told Chris he is completely responsible for Blake and his wound. I can't deal with it. Chris thinks I'm weird and can't understand it. It's just one of things that make me sick. I even traded changing diapers of life if he will just take care of it. Not a bad trade in my eyes. Chris gladly accepted my deal.

Couldn't forget a picture of Ty. He was a trooper all day. He had to be REALLY patient with me since my focus was on Blake. As his reward, I let him stay up this morning when he woke early. Lately he has been waking up between 5:30 and 6am wanting to be up. Today was the day I let him. I love my boys so much, and I'm so thankful that Blake only got a minor burn and nothing worse!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

That is scary...that is worse than stiches to me. We are so sorry. I don't blame you about not wanting to take care of it.

brittany said...

Stella burned her hand really bad about a year ago on a light bulb, i was completely freaking out, it was terrible, so I understand how you are feeling. I mostly made Ryan deal with it too.

HBC said...

I hope Scott will be as good as Chris and take care of it if our kids ever get burn or bleed. :) That would be awesome. Hope Blakey is feeling better today.

{sArAh} said...

Oh poor guy! Burns are the worst! I'm sorry! I hope he is feeling better! AND I am totally like you in that, I can't deal with that kind of stuff! :) I hope I marry someone like Chris otherwise I'm in trouble..:)

Birrell Family said...

You took poopy diapers over a burn blister? Chris definitely got the way better end of the deal:)
This will be the first of many accidents and scars as they grow up... they are such cute boys! Glad he is doing good.