Sunday, November 16, 2008

Our Weekend

Friday. Blake went to school. It was hard leaving him because he had a melt down and really didn’t want me to leave. I stayed for a few minutes out in the hall to make sure he was okay. It was hard to tell if he had settled down because there were 4 other kids having melt downs too. The kids had a long vacation from school, so it was hard for them all. I was nervous for Blake too because he wasn’t wearing a diaper or pull-ups, but I was confident that the teacher and aides could help him.
It was nice to have a break from potty training that morning. I really needed a break from being inside my house, so I gladly went off to Hobby Lobby and spent my time there. I picked up Blake and they were changing him in the potty room, as they call it. He had just had an accident. I guess they took him twice to the potty, but he wouldn’t go for them. Oh well I thought. I knew it was bound to happen. He had been naked for the past two days, so wearing clothes and going potty was a change for him. After school we went to lunch with Dad, which we always enjoy!
The rest of our afternoon was a challenge! I was trying to get Blake to wear at least underwear, instead of being naked. Well, Blake loved the underwear, but we ended up having a day full of accidents. I felt like all my hope in Blake potty training fast was gone. The rest of the day was extremely frustrating.
Friday night we were off to stay overnight at the Cutler’s cabin. Heather and Scott invited us to come stay the night and have a birthday breakfast for Heather. We didn’t get up to the cabin until 9. We decided to go after everyone was off work, which worked out great. I was so glad once we were there, because I had had a horrible time getting ready and packed for it. Chris worked late, so it was up to me to pack everything and deal with Blake’s accidents, and let’s not forget my attention craving baby Tyler. Once we were on the road it was my turn for a little melt down.
Oh. And it was great once we got to the cabin because it was so scary driving there! The roads were icy and steep…I was a nervous wreck! My stomach hurt, my head hurt from pulling my hair, and my face hurt from digging my fingernails into my face. I think all us girls are that way in my family!
It was a good night though. The cabin was so nice, and there was a bed for everyone, which made it nice. The kids played ‘til they zonked, except Blake. He was up until I went to bed, which was after 1am. The boys + Heather played Monopoly, while us girls played Scategories. It was a fun night.

Saturday. We woke up and ate a fabulous breakfast. Heather made the best syrup I’ve ever had (I want the recipe Heather). We had waffles with strawberries, eggs, bacon and ham. Breakfast is my favorite meal by far! After we opened gifts, chatted, and then went out and played in the snow. Ah, let me rephrase that. Everyone else went and played in the snow. I watch a bit and then went back in the cabin. Blake had fun sledding with his Dad. I’m so glad Chris will go and do all those kind of things with Blake. I’m not much of a snow person.
We left the cabin mid-day; sad we couldn’t stay longer. Thanks Heather and Scott for inviting us! We had so much fun!
The rest of the day was filled with moving stuff, haircuts, and shopping. Blake was horrible for his haircut. He needed one badly! Our friend Shay mention he looked just like a Lego man…helmet hair. Well, like I said he was horrible for his hair cut and wouldn’t hold still so he ended up with a chunk of hair out of his head because he whipped his head right into the clippers. Whoops! I’ll get pictures of it soon. Jess does a great job at cutting his hair! Especially with how horrible Blake is!
Saturday night I left to go do a little Christmas shopping. I love to go shopping. I do have different shopping moods and this night I was in the mood to just be by myself so I could take my time. It was so nice and relaxing. I didn’t get home until after 10 it felt great! Plus I got to spend money, which is always fun. (at least when you have budgeted the money to spend!)
Oh, let’s not forget that it was a great day of potty training. Only one accident.

Sunday. Oh, today started off so great! Blake woke us up in the middle of the night because he had to go potty! We were thrilled! And he woke up dry! We are so proud of him! He also went the whole day without accidents! YAY!
After church we went over the Mower’s. Jackie made a great Thanksgiving dinner. Her stuffing is the best I’ve ever had! We celebrated Jim’s birthday with a great dinner, and then headed off to celebrate cute Brayden’s birthday who turns 3 this week. It was so nice to see everyone and catch up with them. Happy Birthday Jim and Brayden!
Now, the kids are asleep and we are about to relax. It was a great weekend!
Pictures of everything will hopefully be coming soon.

2 comments:

Neena said...

I'm glad to see other moms have those days!!! Everyone always says how these days go by so fast and your kids are all grown up. Sometimes the days aren't fast enough for me!!! I'm glad you got some time away to hang out with family and shop!

HBC said...

:) The weekend was a lot of fun! I'm glad you guys came up to the cabin and I'm glad everyone got up and down safely. My stomach was turning just thinking of everyone driving up there but I think it's worth it. It's fun to be away up in the mountians for a while. :) P.S. GOOD JOB BLAKE for being such a great potty goer. :)