Monday, April 21, 2008

Counting our Blessings

Chris and I sure have been counting our blessing these past couple of weeks. Blake's surgery went so well and as far as I can tell he is all healed up. Our beautiful baby was born without complications and healthy, The delivery was so easy and comfortable for me and so far the recovery has been good. (I love being induced!) Chris and I felt that one of our biggest blessing happened last night...we didn't have any crying kids! The past 3 nights both Blake and Tyler have been crying for at least 2 hours straight. Chris's streak of being thrown up on by Blake (4 days in a row) was broken, and Tyler didn't have his colicky scream. Chris and I felt so blessed last night. Yesterday afternoon we didn't know if we were going to be able to handle all the crying that night, and lucky for us we had a really calm evening. It's just what we needed to gear up for our week ahead of us. Blake is still getting used to having Tyler at home. He hasn't been mean at all to the baby, but he has been like super glue to Chris. Blake has actually been really cute with the baby, I think he is having a harder time with me and my focus on the baby. I have been trying really hard to spend the quality time with Blake that he needs, but I really think Blake likes the quantity not the quality! I attached a couple of pictures of Blake and Tyler together. Blake loves to pat Tyler's head and kiss him. Today he even tried to feed him a chicken nugget....what a nice brother! :)
(I'll post more pictures soon. I'm having difficulty uploading my pics from my camera.)

3 comments:

Staci said...

I'm glad you guys got one night without screaming!! And soon neither tyler and blake won't want to time with you or chris. They'll be playing together.

Jeanine said...

He is so cute! I am so excited for you guys and I can't wait to see him!

The Pitt Family said...

I am glad you got a good nights sleep....was this Sunday night that they did good...maybe Tyler likes spending time with his Aunt Dani...lol...kidding...he is such a sweetheart. I could hold him all day and he looks so much like Blake as a baby. I am glad Blake was able to perk up on Sunday...he is so fun to play with....I miss you guys a lot...sometimes I forget how much I miss you until I spend time with you...give my nephews a kiss for me...love ya!