Let's start with Blake.
We have seen the end of shopping carts with Blake; he refuses to sit in them. Lucky for me he does a good job at staying by me and doesn't run all over. The bad part is, is he really enjoys shopping for himself! At the grocery store today he picked up Curious George fruit snacks (Blake doesn't like fruit snacks), Graham Crackers, Nutter Butter cookies, and a Disney movie. Nice selection huh? I let him keep the cookies, but the rest stayed at the store.
Also, another cute thing Blake does now is wave and say Hi or Bye. I know what you are thinking...isn't that only cute when a 1 yr-old does that? But Blake does it so in such a funny way. Every morning when he greets us, he always has this big smile and waves and says "hi, hi, hi". When we put him to bed it's the same thing, "bye, bye, bye". And when Blake is supposed to be doing something, like eating his lunch at the table, he'll come find me and smile and say hi. It's his way of saying, Hi mom, I know I'm suppose to be eating but I'm not and I want you know that I'm not trying to sneak away because I know you'll catch me, so here I am. And during sacrament meeting it's always a smile and wave saying bye. It never works though :)
Next up, Tyler
Tyler is growing up too fast. He is an excellent baby now and is so smiley! He loves to chew on everything and is trying really hard to grab toys; well really anything that he can chew on. We usually wake up to his little nosies of coo-ing and sucking on his hands. We are working on getting him to giggle now. He is so close...can't wait for that to happen!
(gotta love his expressions!)
We also got him a bumbo chair. He only likes sitting in it for about 10 minutes or so but he loves sitting up and seeing everything that is going on.
First Kitchen Fire...courtesy of me
Yes, I had my first kitchen fire. I think it was a Saturday afternoon and I was making Mac n' Cheese for Chris and Blake. I have been known to forget the boiling water and burning my pan, so I was rushing up to kitchen when I remembered my water was boiling. In my rush I dump the pasta all over, instead of the in the boiling water. I didn't think much of it and thought I would finish cooking the little pasta that made it into the water and then clean up the mess. Few seconds later there were flames. In my panic I yelled, "fire!" and went to look at Chris. Chris just gave me this blank stare and then I thought, "why am I looking for Chris? Just go put in out!" So I did. I just pulled the baking soda out and put the fire out. Chris was still stunned and hadn't moved from his spot on the couch. What a helpful husband :) Really I think Chris thought I was just joking around, but I sure wasn't!
The aftermath
That's just a little of what's been happening at our house. More to come soon!
Oh and Chris said I needed to post one more jewelry post. (I know enough with the jewelry right?) This one's for the boys...well I guess girls could wear this too since there are earrings. Go to this link and see some of the fine surgical jewelry one of the Stryker doctors came up with. It's some of what Chris sells made into jewelry....what a crafty surgeon! Skeletal Metal
1 comment:
If I didn't know better, I would think I was reading a page in my journal! LOL! Your Blake and my Tyler are so alike-it's so funny! (How old is he?) I especially loved the fire story. LOL! I just did that the other day ... but with eggs. Scared my Tyler to death. As for the jewelery ... that's pretty freaky. I would hope that if someone actually had the money to have someone open them up, it wouldn't be to put something around the bones. I can think of a couple other procedures I would have done instead. :)
Post a Comment