Thursday, January 31, 2008

Birthday Cakes


For our Sunday party I made Sara and Blake a cake. I really liked Sara's and thought it turned out really cute. As for Blake's....It was hideous! At least it tasted good. Well at least to some of us thought so....my Dad said I need to put more rainbow chips in it. It was from a box....like I would make it from scratch! :)


For Blake's actual birthday cake I decided to be adventurous and try making an Elmo cake. see below....
It actually turned out okay. I was so impressed with myself! I really thought that I was setting myself up for failure, but I think it was a success! It was an easy cake to make, and anyone that knows me knows that has to be true, because I'm not a patient person. So if I can do it, anyone can! Blake really liked the cake before he had his party. When it came time to blow out the candle, he could've cared less. Luckily he had cousins to help him out!

6 comments:

brittany said...

i am very impressed with the elmo cake. way to go!

brittany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brittany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Staci said...

I'm way bummed i didn't get to be there it looks like it was a blast. I guess that's just part of being away from home.

Jeanine said...

The cake is awesome Alli! Whatever you have so much creativity, I don't know how you could ever think you would fail! Blake is so cute. It looks like is parties were way fun! It's awesome that you got to have so many with all of the family. PS-I sent you an email.

Jessica said...

You weren't kidding! That cake is awesome! I'll just get curtis to love elmo so you can make me another one in May!