After our trials with Blake and the crib, I decided that we just needed to switch Blake to his big boy bed asap! So, on Friday Chris and I took on the challenge of taking down the crib and moving his big boy bed to his room. We moved the baby's room next door. It was more work than I thought it would be. We had to move all the baby's furniture into our room, take the bed out of the other bedroom and then put both rooms back together. It actually felt good to gut two of our rooms and clean them top to bottom! I didn't think our walls were too dirty, but I found so many chocolate milk splatters all over his room! Who knew? I also cleaned the blinds in both rooms which I absolutely hate doing, but at least its done for a while now. By Friday night we had Blake's "new" room put back together. He loves his new room and his new bed. And I'm glad to report that on Friday night he only woke up once, and the past two nights he has slept through the night! Yay! Here's some pictures of his new room.

Saturday we spent the day organizing a large portion of the rest of the house. We put the baby's room back together and had to find a new place for our office. We decided to move our desk down to our family room, which I'm still getting used to. We really didn't want to move it down there because we didn't want Blake to damage the desk. Our solution was to move all his toys to the other side of the room so that he wouldn't be tempted to play near the desk. I'm sure at some point he will, but our plan has proven itself so far. We also had to purchase these new bins for his toys. I really like them so far. 

Saturday we spent the day organizing a large portion of the rest of the house. We put the baby's room back together and had to find a new place for our office. We decided to move our desk down to our family room, which I'm still getting used to. We really didn't want to move it down there because we didn't want Blake to damage the desk. Our solution was to move all his toys to the other side of the room so that he wouldn't be tempted to play near the desk. I'm sure at some point he will, but our plan has proven itself so far. We also had to purchase these new bins for his toys. I really like them so far. They hold all of his toys, and you can't see them because they are hidden behind our couch. They were a great buy.All this moving though has me itching to reorganize my whole house! I'm definitely in my nesting stage. However, I feel like I've been nesting through this whole pregnancy!
2 comments:
looks like a well cordinated room. Good work. I'm glad Blakey's sleep schedule is working out for ya. :)
Blakes room looks great! Your house is always organized so i don't know how much more you can do. Blake finally sleeping through the night? wow just in time for your new one to keep you up!
Post a Comment