Sunday, March 15, 2009

Moments from church today...

took our usual spot...back row..a little late
realized we didn't do Blake's hair
spilled water on Blake's head so I could do his hair
Score--left over gel from yesterday, Blake's hair looked good
potty breaks
froot loops all over
fights over magnets, cars, books
best talk given by a 12 yr old. (it was so good)
bottle throwing
sacrament meeting over
Sunday school with Chris...first time in 3 years
missed my primary class
first time in young women's and with ty
ty spits up no wipes...
ty bonked his head
ty screaming while laurels are trying to listen to a spiritual lesson
ty tips piano bench over
ty has stinky diaper...only 2 minutes left so I left him marinate
ty throws up again, yummy froot loops
carrying heaviest bags ever and ty
see my sweet blake who gave me a big hug
went home

After today, I realized I need to figure out a better solution to a church bag. What do you do? you have to have diapers, wipes, bottle, formula, snacks, toys for sacrament mtg, church binders, scriptures....so much to carry, oh and a baby. Someone saw me struggling and she said, don't you think we need lockers? I laughed...oh how that would be helpful.

that was church today.

7 comments:

Tiff and Rand said...

Wow, that sounds SO similar to my church experience today! Oh, except we had no wonderful talk from a 12 year old and I missed well over half of the farewell talk going on. My daughter Reagan is CrAzY hyper ALL the time and especially in church, so I never am able to pay attention to anything but her. Better luck next week?...probably not. Ha!

lamack said...

Ya . . . if you could figure it out and tell me that would be fabulous. Hayden had a 40 minute tantrum during sacrament meeting yesterday. It was over fruit loops. Surprisingly we've had a lot more luck when we don't bring toys or treats and just bring coloring books and little doodle pad things. A friend with angelic children told me that. I was a little skeptical, but as soon as we cut the treats and toys they were tons better. Their still terrors, but better . . .

Jeanine said...

Hence the reason one child sounds good enough! :) I have started taking two bags. One for Sadie so she can rip it apart and play with everything in it, and a seperate one for the things I need. I try to hide my bag so that she wont get into it. It helps to even out the weight a bit. Just start counting the days until Tyler goes to nursery! :)

Josh and Jenna said...

I am going to agree with Mary on this. The less you bring the better your kids are. All my kids (even Cooper) get to do is doodle and Dylie gets the keys to play with. Snacks cause major trouble so just bring some for Tyler is Sunday school. Then maybe your binders will fit in your diaper bag. I make it sound easy, but I know it's not. Did you get a new calling?

Mower Family said...

So I have 2 bags, one for kids and one for me. But then I try to combine it to one for after sacrament meeting. It's a nightmare. I'll have to try no treats...it's a good idea. And yes, got a new calling...YW secretary. It's a whole new world to me! Much more drama than primary :)

Brenda said...

I agree with Jenna & Mary. You kids never ever had treats and no toys. And you were perfect children in church -- right? It doesn't get better until the kids have all moved away, even when their teenagers. But enjoy it while it lasts because now I miss having someone to sit by. . .can I borrow your kids?

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, too funny!