Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hopelessly Devoted to You

Cannondale Synapse 7 Red

Cannondale Synapse 7 Black


So, I am anxiously awaiting the day I can purchase one of these bikes. Alli and I are on a strict spending plan these days. Not because of a lack of money, but because of our desire to be financially stable should a crisis occur. We are doing the "Total Money Makeover" plan by Dave Ramsey. We have been able to pay off all of our debt other than our house to this point. Our next step is to build up six to twelve months of salary in case of a hardship or job loss. But this road biking thing has become my obsession. I have not ridden a bike in at least 15 years, but I keep reassuring Alli that I am going to love this new sport. I have set up an account in my wallet should anyone out there want to contribute funds to my fantasy. Deposits can be made at your local Stryker Orthopaedic Doctor's Office. In all seriousness though, Red or Black? Please give me your opinion. I just can't decide.

10 comments:

Jenny and Jared said...

I think I might be able to spare a dollar to contribute to your fund. Its a good start huh? :-)

Mower Family said...

Every little bit helps Jenny. Thank you so much! :) Will that be cash or credit?

HBC said...

lol. I'll add a dollar to the cause. I love the post Chris. It's got me excited for Spring and the warm weather so I can get out on my bike and get some fun exercise in.

You know Matt just bought a bike. You guys could be biking buddies!

P.S. I choose black. (at least that's the colored I'd choose for my own bike...but then my bike right now is red and I love it...but I'm still going to say BLACK)

HBC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HBC said...

So the deleted post was me...just double posted the first one. :)

Staci said...

I'd go with the black bike for sure!

Brenda said...

Definitely RED! You're father-in-law will be very pleased to have someone to ride with. . .why don't you hit him up, he'll probably buy one for you and him

HBC said...

Oh yeah..duh. Dad loves biking too. I forgot!! hmmm. We should both talk him into buying us both bikes...or maybe 7B's...we've got at least two votes. lol

Jami Weight said...

You are awesome. We are freaking out a bit about the economy right now and are trying to build are food storage. i will have to research the money make-over thing. Thanks for the tip.

Birrell Family said...

We are doing the exact same thing. That is a great book. Our kids all got his workbook for Christmas and are doing it too... as they sell their leased cars and buy a cheap one they can pay cash for. It's cool isn't it? On the bike? I love black & never get tired of it, but you can't beat red... try finding it slightly used on ebay or KSL.com. You will save bank! If you ever want to ride clear to Orem, we are always open for a visit :)