For Blake's birthday I got us tickets to Disney Live at Energy Solutions Arena. Blake is such a TV watcher I knew he would love it. The show was supposed to start at 1:30. So we left our home in Herriman at 12:30. You would think that would have been plenty of time to get there on a Saturday afternoon. Think again. As we got on to I-15 at Bangertor HWY it was smooth sailing until we hit 12300 S. The freeway came to a complete stop. From 12600 S. to 7800 S. the freeway was a parking lot. It took us about 40 min. to get from 12600 S. to 10600 s. I was going crazy. It seems like any time I try to do something fun with my kids all heck breaks loose. So anyway, it is about 1:15 and we are getting off of the freeway at 10600 S. I took some side streets to try to get to 5400 S. and get back on I-15. When we were at the light waiting to get on the on ramp I hear a little voice say "POO POO" from the back seat. Great! So we pulled a Uturn illegally and headed to the nearest gas station. Blake was able to hold it till we got there thankfully. The men's room was occupied so we broke the rules again and hijacked the women's room.
So we finally got to the ESA at about 2:00. There were tons of parents sprinting through the parking lots carrying their toddlers. I felt better knowing that things like this happen to other parents. By the time we got to the show it was in the first intermission. Blake saw someone eating popcorn so we went and got some. There was this little boy sitting next to us. I guess he liked popcorn too. He started eating it with Blake by the handful. His mom didn't notice for a while. When she did she was so embarrassed. It was not a big deal at all. As long as Blake was willing to share I was cool with it.
So once the intermission was over it was time for Little Einsteins. That is not Blakes favorite show, but he still liked it. Then Mickey Mouse came out and Blake got so excited. They did the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse routine and the kids all got up and danced. Blake had a ton of fun. So we saw may be 25 min. of the show, but it was still fun.
After the show Blake and I let the place clear out and we went down to the stage that was covered by a big curtain. He wanted to go find Mickey Mouse. He was so sad when I said that he was all gone. If we weren't planning on going to Disneyland before we are now. We are going in October. I think Blake will really love it. Since Mickey was gone I took Blake and bought him a Mickey Mouse from the souvenir stand.
After the show we went to Chucky Cheese. If you sign up on their website they send you a free coupon on you kids birthdays. So we took advantage of the coupon and went a played for free. Blake is in love with Chucky Cheese now. He sees the commercial and goes nuts.
So over all we had a great time. Next time I will just plan on all heck breaking loose and leave earlier.
Happy Birthday again Blake. Love Dad.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad to see you're blogging since your wife has stopped. You are such a good dad, the time you spend with the kids matters more than anything.
I read the whole story thinking it was Alli writing it! I can't believe how many fun things you and Blake do together! I'm sure you are his hero!
Post a Comment