Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Exhausting Day...

Yesterday was so exhausting! It all started with getting up at 6am. That may not seem early to some, but it was to me! I haven't had to get up and get out the door that early in a very LONG time! Lucky me had a dentist appointment at 8 and I had to drop Blake off at Tracy's at 7:30. (Thanks again Tracy! You're a lifesaver!) One of the worst things is being 9 months pregnant and getting work done at the dentist! I had a filling that came out in February that I had to get fixed. I was grateful that the Dentist was sympathetic and worked fast so that I could get out of there.
That's how my day started, and to make a long story short sitting in the dentist chair was the longest I sat all day! Blake was on one and kept me going all day. I tried for almost 2 hours to get him to take a nap. I finally gave up, but I told him that he couldn't watch tv for the rest of the day since he didn't take a nap. That was really more punishment for me than for him! Blake proceeded to tear everything apart in the house that he could! I'm sad to say that he had 6 timeouts yesterday! I didn't think timeouts were working for him, so I approached it different. I made him sit and face the corner and sat behind him, so that when he moved I could move his head back. He HATED this! But the timeouts started working. He started listening to me. I know Blake's grandma's are hating reading about this, but it really is good for him! :)
By dinner time I was exhausted and so was Blake! I never thought this would happen, but he actually fell asleep at the dinner table! I was laughing so hard, and then I felt bad for him and put him up in his bed. After I put him in bed I thought, Good! maybe he'll understand now why naps are so important! (wishful thinking, I know)


3 comments:

brittany said...

the dentist is never fun and i was cracking up as i read about blake yesterday. i learned this week too that taking away tv is a much bigger punishment to me than to the girls, i also am all about timeouts, sometimes i even have mommy timeouts. i love that he fell asleep at dinner. he is adorable.

The Crosman Family said...

Ok so I don't know who you are talking about he was an ANGEL at my house!!! I am so sorry to hear you had an awful day - your my lifesaver also thank you for watching my boys!!! I love ya if you need a break please send him over!!!!

Day by Day Design said...

Oh that is so cute! By the way I think your timeout thing is a great idea! It was good to see you guys on Sunday!