Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Elmo Baby


Alright, I need everyone's opinion. Crazy as it might sound, I've been thinking it might be a good idea to get Blake a little baby doll....I couldn't get that sentence out before Chris was freaking out on me. He immediately said no way! I'm not convinced I should, but I've been thinking about it. Chris thinks I'm nuts! Yesterday, though, I saw the new Elmo baby. I thought, "yes, this will settle my battle." There is nothing wrong with getting Blake the Elmo baby....he has two Elmo "dolls" already. Plus I think it might be good for Blake to take care of 'his' baby, in preparation for our new addition. Blake loves the baby swing, bouncer, and car seat that I have out, and I think he would love playing with baby Elmo and taking care of it. Chris still thinks its a bad idea. He doesn't want me making Blake into a "soft" boy. I don't see the harm in it, but I could be wrong. So, what do you think? I want your opinions...You won't offend me if you agree with Chris. I guess it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.....

3 comments:

brittany said...

I don't think it's a bad idea. I know a lot of people who have gotten their boys baby dolls when another child is born. Even parenting books suggest it to make the transition easier, and with Elmo it doesn't even count as a baby doll, so i think you are completely safe with baby elmo!

Jessica said...

I think that it is a good idea, but I wouldn't give it to him until you have the baby.

The Pitt Family said...

I think this is an excellent idea Alli...tell my brother to quit being silly. I think you should give it to him, I even think now would be fine. Once you have my new little nephew, Blake is going to want to hold him etc. This will be a great transition and practice for him to be a big brother. I have taken plenty of early childhood classes on this and it is alway suggested...so coming from the soon to be teacher...I would totally get it for him :)