Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Recipe Monday

I thought Jeanine had a good idea about posting a recipe every Monday. Even though its not Monday I thought I would add my recipe for the week. I found this recipe on the back of a Vanilla Wafers box and made it this weekend. It was really good. I nice refreshing dessert. Enjoy!

FROZEN RASPBERRY SQUARES

Ingredients
2 cups crushed Keebler Vanilla Wafers
1/4 cup butter melted
1 quart frozen reduced-fat vanilla ice cream, softened
1 container (8 oz) reduced-fat sour cream
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries (you can use any fruit)

Directions
1. In small bowl combine wafers and butter. Press half of mixture on bottom of 8-inch square baking dish
2. In large bowl stir together ice cream, sour cream and lemon peel. Gently fold in raspberries. Carefully spoon over wafer mixture in dish, smoothing top. Sprinkle with remaining wafer mixture.
3. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm.
4. Let stand at room temp. for 15 to 20 minutes before cutting.

Yield: 9 Servings

No comments: