Instead of giving neighbor gifts this year, a couple families organized a food drive in our neighborhood. I was SO glad that someone took the initiative in doing that this year. Neighbor gifts always seem like a hassle to me. Don't get me wrong, I love my neighbors and I am very grateful to have good people around me, but I feel like all we do is exchange some kind of homemade goodie, which usually ends up in the garbage. Anyone with me on that one?
Anyway, there is such need for food donations, that I was glad to put my money somewhere that would do some good. So, our Christmas activity for the day was gathering food to donate. The kids weren't really involved, but hopefully we planted some kind of seed that we were doing good.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment