Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July

We had a great 4th of July weekend (Chris's favorite Holiday). We spent the holiday with both of our families which was perfect. We started out early Friday morning trying to make it to the hot-air balloons in Provo. Because of poor planning on my part, we missed the actual balloon launch, but we saw them from afar.....

I felt bad that we missed it. I think Blake and Tyler would have really liked it. We still stopped and met up with Jess and her kids. We waited for more balloon festivities, but hunger took over so we all headed to the Ranch house for breakfast, provided by Grandma B.

Later that afternoon we headed up to the Oqurrih Mtn Temple open house. We met up with Chris's sister Dani and her husband Ryan. It was a long, hot wait to get into the temple which I wasn't expecting, but it was nice... Ty didn't last too long. I ended leaving with Ty and met up with everyone later. Blake always asks to go see the temple, so it was nice to take him. I think he enjoyed the cookies at the end the best though :)

After the temple we headed up Hobble Creek Canyon to Watkins to camp. Blake loved being up there and on the paddle boats. He became quick friends with Chase which was really nice. We had the best time camping with the kids. It was nice being up the canyon.


On the 4th we had a BBQ with Chris's family. We ate and then headed over to the Riverton Carnival. Blake had a blast on all the rides. It was so fun to watch him! Tyler was excellent too and just sat in the stroller and watched. We stayed for the fireworks, which was fun for about 10 seconds. :) Then all the sudden Ty was done. He had, had it. So I took him to the car and as soon as I laid him in the car seat he fell asleep. Blake fell asleep too during the fireworks. I guess that's a good sign of a good weekend!

2 comments:

HBC said...

Sounds like a great weekend to me! Wish we could've been up at Watkins with everyone...maybe one of these years.. :)

Jessica said...

those are great pictures and great adventures. Just remembering that weekend and reading about yours makes me tired all over again! a good tired though. Holidays are so much more exciting with kids!